Thursday, March 31, 2011

How Acupuncture First Got its Name

There is some significance to the name Acupuncture First .....a  bit of  a story behind it, I guess you’d say.   As a student,  I was observing a master acupuncturist at a clinic one time when a weekend warrior with a bum knee came in for treatment.  He told me that he had torn up his shoulder several years ago.  He’d gone to the doctor and all kinds of  therapy with no success.  Finally he tried acupuncture.  In his words,  “Acupuncture fixed me right up!"  He then proceeded to tell me a similar story about his elbow. He wasted tons  of money and lots of time in pain running around from one person to the next with no relief.  He finally ended up in Louise's office one more time and again  she "fixed me right up!"  The time I met him  he was in for his knee, and it was a three-peat of the other two times.... once again, the acupuncturist was his last resort.  It was surprising to me, because he seemed like an intelligent man and had many accomplishments to his credit, not a slow learner at all.   Finally I said to him,  "It sounds to me like  if you have another injury, you might just want to try Acupuncture First!"  And that is the story of how my clinic got its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment